I made this for dinner tonight and was pleasantly surprised to find it tastes very much of Chicken Parmesan! There are three parts to this recipe, each part a different color to help avoid confusion.
Here's what I will call Chicken with Sicilian-Style Pesto - I hope you enjoy every bite!
- 2 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dehydrated onion
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- dash cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp. dehydrated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp. dehydrated red bell pepper
Marinade 4 chicken breasts in spice mix for 30 min. then cook over hot grill until no longer pink in the center. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while chicken is grilling then transfer cooked chicken to baking dish. Spoon about 1/3 cup pesto over each chicken breast and place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 5.8 oz jar organic oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 green onions, whites only, chopped very fine
- 1 tsp. Natural Directions Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (about 15 leaves), chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaf, chopped
Prepare the pesto (this can be done while chicken is grilling, just don't forget to watch the chicken too!)
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes with the olive oil in the blender with the garlic, almonds, and 1 cup of hot tap water.
- Blend on high until the ingredients have combined into a chunky sauce, about 1 minute.
- Heat coconut oil in medium sauce pan
- Saute onions with lemon pepper, oregano, and white wine for 1 minute
- Add pesto from blender and mix well with wine sauce
- Add remaining ingredients and warm through.
- 2 Tblsp coconut oil
- 2 zucchinis shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 c. pesto sauce
Heat coconut oil in medium skillet. Add Zucchini, garlic and onion powder. Saute until zucchini is tender. Add pesto sauce and transfer 1/4 of the noodles to dinner plate. Top with a warm chicken and enjoy!
(try not to lick the plate clean)